School Improvement Innovations
- We have worked with CIS, CAIS and IBO to align their school evaluations, making a much more efficient accreditation process without compromising rigour and quality.
- These multiple accreditations allow us to learn from and contribute to a broad community of excellent local, national and international schools.
- As an IB Continuum School we see faculty in all three programs work together (see collaborative planning in Teaching Innovations) to develop greater continuity between and better quality assurance in all three IB programmes.
- A significant number of teachers and leaders are also workshop leaders and school evaluators for the IBO.
- Mulgrave has also begun its first ever partnership with local public school districts. As a member of the BC Ministry approved Innovation Partnership, we are collaborating on the development of core competency assessment tools.
- All faculty and staff are shared in the school’s strategic plan with teachers designing one element of their professional growth plans around one of the school’s strategic initiatives so that everyone in the building is pulling toward a goal.
For any inquiries related to our accreditation or membership, please contact John Wray, Head of School, or Lindsey Berns, Deputy Head of School.
Mulgrave is accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) and as an IB Continuum School we are approved to run the Primary Years Program (PYP), the Middle Years Program (MYP) and the Diploma Program (DP). We are also accredited by the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), the Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC), the Council of Independent Schools (CIS), and the British Columbia Ministry of Education. We also work in close association with a local group of IB continuum schools.