CREATIVITY, ACTIVITY & SERVICE (CAS)
At the heart of Mulgrave's service initiatives is the CAS programme, an integral part of the curriculum which involves students in artistic pursuits, leadership, sports and community service work.
The goal of Mulgrave's CAS programme is to provide students with opportunities to contribute to, and draw upon, voluntary service experiences in school, our community and the world.
As students fulfill their CAS portfolio requirement they participate in service as leaders who actively build community by connecting with others and who strive to become compassionate, altruistic global citizens.
We believe that successful leaders come in all types. Leadership is not simply an innate quality or gift reserved for only the most ‘accomplished’. All people, all students can be leaders. Our programme seeks to nurture this potential through a student-centred and student-led experiential model, guided through mentorship, education, experience, and reflection.
Students can practice leadership by choosing to participate in one or more of the following activities or by becoming a member of the following groups:
- MERT – Mulgrave Emergency Response Team
- MSAC/SSAC – Middle and Senior Service Action Council
- MPS - Mulgrave Public Square: #StudentVoice
- Senior Prefect Team (for Grade 12 students only)
- House Captain system
- Leadership education retreats and conferences
- Mulgrave Model United Nations
- Global citizenship initiatives such as GEO trips
- Service clubs – from Animal Welfare to Human Rights
- Arts Council and Related Art Clubs – can provide artistic support to younger students and/or the larger Vancouver community
- Outdoor Education – Duke of Edinburgh programme
- HeadsUp Peer Advisors - providing awareness, support and voice for youth's mental health and social-emotional wellness at Mulgrave
- Global Week Organizing Committee
And many more flexible opportunities that fit our students’ personalities, availability, interests, and passions.