How to participate
All G4-6 students can participate in the contest by designing a book cover based on his/her favourite book (one entry per student).
Blank book cover template is available from the library.
Submission deadline this year is on Monday, November 20th, 2017.
A panel of impartial judges picked by the library staff will evaluate all contest entries. Judging parameters include:
- Artistic talent
- Originality (not looking for an existing book cover)
- Representation of the story
- Reason for choosing image (write-up on back)
- Design as a Book Cover
Design Contest Gallery - Online @ bookfair.mulgrave.com
Once the contest starts, the Book Fair Contest Gallery on the bookfair.mulgrave.com website will be displaying all submitted entries. Winning entries will be published on the site on Book Fair's opening day, and will be displayed at the library.
Four winners from each grade will be selected and awarded the following:
- 1st place: Three books from the Book Fair (by Judging Panel)
- 2nd place: Two books from the Book Fair (by Judging Panel)
- 3rd place: One book from the Book Fair (by Judging Panel)
- Popular Vote: One book from the Book Fair (by Crowd Voting)
- This year, the contest entry with the most popular votes in each grade will win a free book from the Book Fair!! For 3 days only, all JS students can vote for their favourite entry within their respective grades.
All winners can choose their favourite book(s) at the Book Fair (no max value)*
Civvies Day Contest
All JS G4-6 (along with K-G3) students will be automatically entered into the Civvies Day contest. The Junior School classroom with the most donated books will win a Civvies Day, courtesy of Ms. Mitchell. On this day, students will be allowed to wear their favourite clothes to school, rather than their school uniform. This will be a very special and visible way to celebrate their winning, for a very good cause!
Each day as books are donated to each class, the Book Fair Contest Dashboard will be updated with the number of books donated to date.
Win & Give
*Students have the option of donating the winning book back to their classes, provided it is from the class wishlist. Any book donated in this way will bare a special Golden Label indicating it was donated back to the class by a book fair contest winner.