- When does Mulgrave begin the admission process?
- When is the best time to submit an application?
- Do you have any scholarships available?
- Do you have intake years?
- How do you decide whom to admit to Mulgrave?
- What does the group assessment entail and what are the teachers looking for?
- How will I know if our child has been accepted?
- What is required to accept an offer?
- What happens if our child is not accepted?
- Do you have a wait pool?
- Does my child have to take the SSAT or can he be exempt?
- What indicates my status as an international student?
- Are there any additional requirements for applicants from China?
- Are any applicants given special consideration?
- Do you accept homestay or boarding students?
- Do you admit students partway through the year?
- Do you offer a bus service?
We take a large number of new students into our Early Years programmes. We have room for 32 new PK3 students and 16 new PK4 students. The majority of our preschool students move into our Kindergarten programme, which generally allows for approximately 12 outside applicants to be admitted. In Grade 7 we accept an additional 9 new students and in Grade 8, we accept another 8. When openings in enrollment occur in other grades, they become opportunities for new applicants.
We do not accept students into Grade 12 with the exception of IB diploma students in very specific circumstances.
If the reason is linked to academic performance (typically related to lower levels of English fluency), you can request a follow-up meeting with an Admissions representative and propose a plan for improvement. If you continue to follow up with us over the course of the year and your child demonstrates progress, we will consider the student for the next year’s admissions cycle.
- What is Advancement?
- Do you accept donations as part of the admission process?
- What are the various ways funds are raised at Mulgrave School?
- What is the process of making a gift to the school?
- What do these funds support?
- What is the expectation in terms of donating to the school?
In your family’s first year at Mulgrave, a member of the Advancement Team will contact you and invite you to a 1:1 meeting. The purpose is to check in on how you’re settling in; if all is well, we will give you information about the school’s current funding needs, answer your questions, receive your feedback and ask you to consider an annual gift, or multi-year pledge, in support of the school.
Ready to Apply?
Please click here to access our online application.
At Mulgrave, we pride ourselves in our efforts to be one of Vancouver's best schools. As a Vancouver-area school, Mulgrave in West Vancouver, offers pre-school to high school IB, co-ed, private education that inspires the pursuit of excellence in education and life. To learn more about our school and community, take a look at our Annual Report and plan a visit to Mulgrave.