Strategic Plan 2021-2024
Please download the strategic plan here.
Weaving Our Future - Common Threads
We are pleased to introduce you to our 2021-24 strategic plan, a set of goals and actions that will provide us with a vision to lead Mulgrave through the coming years and further strengthen our position as a leader in international education. Building on our 2016-20 plan, we will continue to be student-centric as we strive for excellence.
The plan emerged after deep research and community consultation which not only examined best practices around the world, but also looked through a lens of what we collectively believe be important for our students and the greater good in the future.
The theme of weaving is an intentional metaphor that captures the interconnectedness and intricacies of our system as well as the beauty of individual expression and growth. We invite you to pull the threads of this metaphor and explore this plan and all that it holds. Through the priorities of personalisation, student health and wellbeing, and skills development, we will put additional, sustained emphasis on the aspects that strengthen our provision. Each students' tapestry of experiences and understanding will become more full and vibrant as a result.
Strategic Plan - Year One
Over the last year, we have been implementing changes to achieve the objectives set out in the 2021-2024 strategic plan. Click this link for desktop or this link for mobile.
A series of videos with Mulgrave leadership and faculty will be posted throughout September. Please revisit to explore elements of the strategic plan as well as specific examples of its implementation.
In early October 2021, John Wray, Head of School, hosted two Open Door sessions with parents and family members. The following is a summary of some of the question and answer themes discussed during the virtual meetings.
- How will Mulgrave look/be different at the conclusion of this plan?
- How will the school measure the outcomes of the plan?
- The content from the community input sessions (hosted during the plan’s research stages) was very rich. How will it be further leveraged? What didn’t make it into the plan?
- How do technology skills play a role in student learning?
- How can students develop stronger EQ or social-emotional learning skills?
- What’s next for campus planning...will we get a pool?!