Governance & Leadership
We strongly encourage all members of our community - students, staff and parents - to develop and utilise their leadership skill in all areas of life.
In addition to our culture of leadership, our school has a formal leadership structure.
- The Board of Directors sets and oversees the strategic direction of the school.
- The Head of School and the School Leadership Team direct the school's operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Click here for an outline of the key roles of the Board and Head of School.
|Head of School, John Wray||Deputy Head of School, Lindsey Berns||Assistant Head of School (Enrichment & Innovation), Elizabeth Calderon|
|Assistant Head of School (Risk and Safety, Data for Learning & ATL), Michael Moore||Business Manager and CFO, Kelly Chow||Senior School Principal, Chiara Tabet|
|Middle School Principal and Director of Student Wellbeing, Melissa Moore||Junior School Principal, Karyn Mitchell||Early Years Principal, Morag Harris|
|Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Cynthia Roberson||Director of Talent Recruitment and Development, Tracey Dixon||Director of Information and Learning Technology, Fareed Teja|
|Acting Director of Donor Engagement, Jin Ling Bai||Acting Director of Marketing, Communications & Admissions, Nadine Pettman||
Facilities Manager, Michael Lopez
|IT Manager, John Flanagan|
* Mulgrave community members can access Leadership Team bios on the portal.
- In addition, each division has a Divisional Leadership Team who work to support teachers in the Early Years, Junior, Middle and Senior Schools.
- The school's three IB curriculum programmes have a Programme Coordinator who works with a number of Curriculum Coordinators to oversee the subject strands in each programme.
- The Mulgrave Volunteer Parents (MVP) organisation is led by an executive committee.
- Also, in each division as well as in the various education strands, the school has student leadership groups. Among them is the Student Board led by two Grade 12 student Chairs.
Mulgrave Board of Directors
Mulgrave is governed by a self perpetuating Board of Directors who are responsible for the overall strategic vision and financial well-being of the school. We are thankful for the careful guidance they provide the school.
Mulgrave Independent School Society is a registered society incorporated under the Society Act of British Columbia with its own constitution and bylaws.
- Mulgrave is a not-for-profit registered charity.
- The Mulgrave Independent School Society is governed by a fourteen-person Board of Directors, including two student members.
- The Board of Directors meets about nine to ten times each year.
- The Board has a committee structure, which includes non-Board members. Committees serve the following areas:
- Building and Land
The Mulgrave Foundation
The Mulgrave Foundation exists to support Mulgrave School in achieving its mission to 'Inspire Excellence in Education and Life'. It achieves this by working behind the scenes to raise funds to support the school development and activities.
The Mulgrave Advisory Board
The role of the Mulgrave Advisory Board is to discuss with and advise the Head of School and the Mulgrave Board of Directors on the following:
- Mulgrave’s broad educational provision and philosophy
- International innovations and trends in PK-12 education
- Mulgrave's role within BC's education system