Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants for the role of Junior School PYP Teacher to start in August 2021.
Using the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme framework and philosophy, Junior School classroom teachers inspire students to reach their personal best by providing a rich and varied programme that develops students’ skills and personal qualities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead teacher in a PYP classroom (Grade 1-5)
- Support and mentor an Associate Teacher and develop an effective working classroom partnership
- Collaborate and coordinate with specialist teachers (Languages, Music, PHE, etc.) to ensure a cohesive approach
- Work closely with colleagues including the school counselor, learning strategists, etc. to provide the highest possible level of personalised pastoral care and support
All Mulgrave teachers are expected to:
- Develop a classroom environment that builds positive relationships and fosters an ethic of care
- Design, prepare and deliver learning activities that facilitate authentic engagement
- Identify and select instructional resources and methods to meet students' varying needs
- Use relevant technology to enhance instruction and learning
- Design and implement a range of authentic formative and summative assessments, providing appropriate and timely feedback to students
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress for the purposes of teaching, learning and reporting
- Participate in faculty and parent meetings and special events
- Model respectful and timely communication with students, colleagues and parents
- Attend professional development workshops as required by the school
- Endorse the school’s mission and values
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must meet or be willing to obtain all requirements to be certified to teach in British Columbia
- Minimum of 3 years of experience teaching at the primary/elementary level
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Education or the equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate Primary years Programme
- Hold or be willing to obtain an age appropriate First Aid Certificate
Preferred Experience and Qualities:
- Experience teaching in the IB PYP
- Involvement with the IB Educator Network as a workshop leader, site visitor, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong organisational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with a range of literacy and numeracy development programs and strategies
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- Professional and career development/training opportunities
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal day
- Employee assistance program
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Complimentary coffee & tea
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by April 25, 2021. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.