Art & Design Technician
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants for the role of Art & Design Technician to start in August 2021.
This position is a full-time position working 10 months of the academic year maintaining the facilities and equipment in the makerspace, supporting teachers during lessons, and assisting students with their work. This position will report to the ADMSRM but will also work closely with art and design teachers with project planning and preparation as needed. The position will be based in the Upper School but will also include time in the Junior School Makerspace as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to the following:
- Maintain Junior School Art and Design studios and their supplies (cleaning, organisation, inventory, sign-outs.)
- Collaborate with, and provide general and specialist support for, the school’s Visual Art and Design teachers so that they can inspire our students to achieve their best.
- Ensure students are working safely with hand tools and machinery such as scroll saws and drill press.
- Assist teachers and students with operating 3D printers and laser cutters.
- Help with ordering new equipment and supplies.
- Processing cheque requisitions/invoices for 9-10 staff.
- Assisting students in classes.
- Support for co-curricular clubs, and the drop-in makerspace.
- Book, prepare paperwork for, and chaperone field trips, and manage calendars.
- Help to display work throughout the school. Prepare for outside shows, drop off work.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a design environment.
- CAD/CAM, robotics experience an advantage.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with adults and young people.
- Self-motivated, good organisation and time management skills.
- An interest in art and design and experience with your own endeavour.
- A positive attitude, good humoured and working well as part of a team
- High level of IT skills.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D programs experience.
- Life-long learner, with an aptitude for and interest in learning new skills.
- Flexibility to support students in school occasionally over weekends during Open Studio and some evenings
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement.
- Ability to drive with own vehicle available (supply-run mileage reimbursed.)
- This position is well suited to candidates interested in working with children and youth in a creative setting.
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- Professional and career development/training opportunities
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal day
- Employee assistance program
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Complimentary coffee & tea
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by April 25, 2021. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.