Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications for a permanent full time position of Library Technician.
The position of Library Technician supports the operational side of the Library Learning Hub (LLH). He/she works most closely with the Librarian, but also plays a role in creating a space that is vibrant, welcoming and conducive to authentic inquiry and collaboration. The Library Technician is primarily responsible for technical duties related to acquisitions and cataloging of library resources, textbook distribution and acquisitions, circulation desk duty, and maintenance of the collection. The Library Technician supports the learning agenda of the LLH by ensuring efficient, effective systems for handling its resources.
Education and Experience:
- Library Technician Diploma is required.
- Two years related experience is an asset.
- Experience working with an integrated library system (Follett Destiny preferred) is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of the Dewey Decimal Classification system as well as Sears Subject Headings.
- Knowledge of AACRII cataloguing rules and familiar with cataloging a variety of resources to MARC format.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of computers, software (e.g. MS Word) and a variety of office and media equipment.
Please navigate our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our Schoo and a detailed Job Description, including skill requirements. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. Your resume and covering letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22, 2017. Please include “Library Technician” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.