Our teachers inspire excellence by providing an environment that...
- nurtures positive, supportive relationships that allow every individual to feel safe and develop as a self-confident, self-motivated and increasingly independent learner.
- develops a culture of learning.
- is highly motivating and unlocks a passion for learning through metacognitive exploration, critical inquiry, problem-solving and increasing self-direction.
- recognises that every individual is unique and allows for personalisation, and differentiation, of learning.
- encourages collaboration, communication and co-construction.
- provides for high-quality diagnostic feedback on learning.
"The teachers at Mulgrave put high value in making sure that the students not only succeed in the challenging IB courses but also ensure that their students have a body of knowledge that applies to the real world."
- Anniqa K. and Bishr A. ('16)
From time to time, students may require some additional support, specifically for their learning. Mulgrave is not resourced to manage very high levels of additional learning needs; however, in both the Junior and Upper School, we count with a small learning support team that will work with students, parents and teachers to ensure that learning is adapted to meet specific identified needs.
We know that teaching quality impacts a student's success so at Mulgrave, we recruit and retain highly qualified teachers, many with master's degrees and other post-graduate certifications.
To foster a culture of inspired teaching, Mulgrave prioritises: