Equipping Lifelong Learners to Thrive
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
As students move into the Senior School, we strive to grow creative, critical and independent thinkers with the flexibility of thought best suited to the changing world into which they will emerge as young adults. Subsequently, in addition to our energetic focus on academic attainment and successful university placement, our education is equally attentive to the development of the whole person beyond the institutional worlds of school, college and work. Active engagement in local service, global outreach, outdoor education, sport and artistic performance is vital in this endeavor, so the Senior School focuses on giving students the life skills necessary to manage these competing commitments on their time. Our integration of the IB Approaches to Learning and 21st century skills ensure our students grow as people within an educational context that is highly relevant, flexible and enjoyable.
We encourage you to visit us at any time to experience for yourselves the wonderfully positive energy of the Senior School. Our new facility is open and inviting, showcasing our specialised programmes, collaborative environment and close-knit community. Please join us at one of our Open House events or call to schedule a personal tour.
Highlights of the Senior School Programme:
- Advisory programme which fosters distributive mentoring across grade-levels.
- A networked university counselling department that integrates to the curricula to ensure that students not only are admitted to universities that best suit them, but also that they leave Mulgrave with the skills and confidence to thrive once they get there.
- A palpable 'culture of study' supported by a state-of-the-art facility with open spaces, flexible classrooms and breakout study pods.
- Provincially-ranked athletic teams in a wide-ranging variety of sports, an internationally-recognised arts programme and a divison-wide music curriculum anchor a well-rounded secondary education.
Our ongoing Senior School goal to build intrinsic motivation in our young adults is a lifelong project; however, if we are to truly live up Mulgrave's mission to achieve excellence in life, establishing the right culture and priorities early in life will accelerate students to a place of wisdom we all wish them to inhabit.
- Craig Davis, SS Principal
Craig Davis, Principal
Heather Nolan Wood, Vice Principal
Kathryn Clark, Vice Principal & DP Coordinator
Senior School Office
Click on the image above to read through our Programme of Studies.