Prior to submitting on online application, we invite you to contact our Admissions Office to arrange for a tour of the school. We welcome families to visit us and submit applications throughout the school year. Our admissions process is done on a continuous basis, subject to space availability within each grade.
- Families interested in applying for Pre-K and Kindergarten are recommended to submit their applications by December 1st for the upcoming school year.
1. APPLY ONLINE
All applicants are requested to submit an Online Application Form. The Form includes further information about the admissions process.
2. SUBMIT DOCUMENTS
Once your Online Application Form has been submitted, you will need to send the following documents to our Admissions Office:
- Recent passport size photo. (Upload to the Online Application Form or submit with other documents.)
- Teacher Observation Form from the applicant’s school. Forms are provided when you apply online. (Not required for Kindergarten or Early Learning Centre.)
- Signed Records Request Waiver Form that allows Mulgrave School to contact the student's previous school and obtain any relevant records.
- Application Fee. (Personal cheque made payable to Mulgrave School. This fee is non-refundable.)
- $200 for Early Learning Centre
- $250 for Kindergarten to Grade 6
- $200 for Grade 7 to 12
- Copies of most recent report cards.
- Copy of Canadian birth certificate. If born outside Canada, a copy of the permanent resident card or citizenship card, or student’s study visa and parent’s work/study visa.
Once the Admissions Office has received the application and documents, you will be contacted to arrange for an interview and assessment. As an independent school, we strive to create a learning environment that is conducive to the growth and well-being of all the students in the community. Assessments and interviews are an integral part of our admissions process.
- Early Learning Centre applicants and their parents are scheduled to meet with the Principal of the ELC.
- Kindergarten applications are required to complete a “School Readiness” assessment. These assessments are generally scheduled at the beginning of January.
- Applicants to Grades 1 through 6 are required to write an assessment on-site.
- Applicants for Grades 7 through 12 should register for the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Mulgrave's code is 5263. Read more about the SSAT.
An interview will be scheduled once a student has applied and all documents have been received. Along with the interview and assessment, the following factors are used in consideration for admission:
- Determining whether Mulgrave is the right school for meeting your child’s learning needs.
- Parental understanding and support of Mulgrave School’s philosophy and practices.
Once the selection process has taken place, all candidates will be contacted in writing by the Admissions Office.