JS PE / Athletics
JS Teacher for PE/ Athletics
Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme. We are now inviting applications for the position of Junior School Teacher for PE/Athletics for the start of the 2017.18 academic year.
This is a key role in the PE and Athletics programmes of the Junior School. The person appointed will be a passionate and enthusiastic educator with high level qualifications in teaching/coaching. They will be responsible for planning, leading and extending student learning in Physical Education and coaching extensively in co-curricular athletics, primarily in some of the core sports of rugby, basketball, soccer and volleyball.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- All the requirements to be certified to teach in British Columbia
- Advanced qualifications for coaching, including appropriate NCCP certification, in several core sports - rugby, basketball, soccer and volleyball
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes (not mandatory, but preferred)
- A familiarity with the PYP/BC Ministry PE curriculum
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment
- Fluent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Strong organisational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. For further information you are invited to navigate our website. Click here for a detailed job description. Resumes should be emailed by April 7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “JS PE Teacher” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.