Junior School Teacher (Intermediate)
Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme. We are now inviting applications for a permanent full time position of Primary School Teacher.
The goal of this position is to teach in a Junior School classroom and inspire students to reach their full potential in all areas of school life. Using the PYP framework and philosophy, all teachers provide a rich and varied, experiential and rigorous programme that develops our students skills and personal qualities to a very high level. Teachers are expected to be committed to continuous improvement, to always be looking to enrich and deepen the educational programme for the students and to play an active part in the wider life of the school.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC
- Hold an age appropriate First Aid Certificate
- Develop a classroom environment that builds positive relationships and fosters an ethic of care
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes, preferably with experience teaching in the Primary Years Programme
- Experience teaching in a technology rich environment
- Design and lead to 2 co-curricular activities
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
Please navigate our website for further information about our School and click here for a detailed Job Description, including skill requirements. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. Your resume and covering letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 7, 2017. Please include “JS School Teacher (Intermediate)” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.