Upper School French/Spanish Associate Teacher
Upper School Associate Teacher (French & Spanish)
Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications for the temporary position of Associate Teacher (French & Spanish) for the Upper School (Grade 7 to 12).
Reporting to the Upper School Principal, this position will provide language support for students and assist them in reaching their academic potential in collaboration with classroom teachers. Teaching assignments include co-curricular responsibilities which supplement our educational programme.
This 1-year full-time position is required from the start of the 2017.18 school year.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC
- Language support experience and familiarity with the French & Spanish curricula in BC
- The appropriate background and preparation for teaching French & Spanish with excellent command of the languages, both oral & written
- A background in working with a diverse range of language learners
- Knowledge and understanding of the Middle Years and Diploma Programmes of the International Baccalaureate, would be an asset
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and a willingness to work with initiative
- A warm, caring professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- An appreciation of the school’s mission & vision, while consistently modeling its values
Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
For further information, you are invited to navigate our website. Resumes should be emailed by June 12, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “French/Spanish Upper School” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.