Upper School Music Teacher
US Music Teacher
Mulgrave is an independent, secular and co-educational school committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications from experienced Music teachers for the permanent full time position of teaching Music and Performing Arts for Grades 6 to 12.
Reporting to the Middle School Principal, this position will initially involve teaching grade 6 music, middle school integrated performing arts courses, co-curricular music ensembles,such as Grade 7 band, and vocal jazz ensembles , which supplement our educational programme.
This position is full-time and permanent and required from the start of the 2017.18 school year.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC
- At least two years of teaching experience in music and drama curricula in BC
- The appropriate background and preparation for teaching music, with a strong foundation in conducting and jazz experience as an additional asset
- Proficiency with guitar and ukelele
- A background in working with a diverse range of learners
- Knowledge and understanding of the Middle Years and Diploma Programmes of the International Baccalaureate, would be an asset
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and a willingness to work with initiative
- A warm, caring professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- An appreciation of the school’s mission & vision, while consistently modeling its values
Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
For further information, you are invited to navigate our website at www.mulgrave.com. Click here for a detailed job description. Resumes should be emailed by April 16th to email@example.com. Please include “Music Upper School” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this or any of our other positions, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.