MS Mandarin, Chinese Teacher
Middle School Mandarin, Chinese Teacher
Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications for a full time position of Mandarin, Chinese Teacher in the Middle School.
The main role is to work collaboratively within our existing team of language teachers in teaching Mandarin to students in Grades 7-10. This individual will be experienced in teaching Chinese as a native language and as a foreign language.
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada.
- British Columbia Teacher Regulation Board (TRB) certification (general certificate of qualification or subject restricted for Mandarin acceptable)
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC.
- Hold an age appropriate First Aid Certificate.
- Have a minimum of two years post-qualification experience teaching Chinese in a mainstream school setting, preferably as both a foreign and as a native language.
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes.
- Experience teaching in a technology rich environment.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Be committed to their own learning and professional development.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners.
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement.
Please navigate our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and click here for a detailed Job Description, including skill requirements. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. Your resume and covering letter should be emailed to email@example.com by March 20, 2017. Please include “MS Mandarin, Chinese” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this or any of our other positions, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.