Director of Learning Technology
Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications for a full time position of Director of Learning Technology.
As a member of the school leadership team, the Director of Learning Technology, equivalent to Vice Principal level, reports to the Head or Deputy Head of School.
The role is supported by a three-person IT department led by the school’s IT Manager who reports directly to this position. The director is an experienced teacher who understands the needs of those working in the classroom and knows how to enrich learning using technology across all ages and programmes. He or she also has deep knowledge of IT systems and knows how to bend technology to meet those needs.
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC
- Hold an age appropriate First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes
- Experience teaching in a technology rich environment
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners
- Have five or more years teaching experience
- Have a sound knowledge of all technologies including basic productivity tools, multi-media applications, and digital still and video photography
- Have experience with SMART technologies (Boards,Tables, Response Systems)
- Be passionate about and actively involved with social media and Web 2.0 tools
- Be experienced with 21st century learning pedagogy including experiential learning, differentiated instruction, inquiry based learning and collaborative learning
- Have demonstrated successful technology integration in his/her own teaching career
- Fluent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
Please navigate our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and click here for a detailed Job Description, including skill requirements. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. Your resume and covering letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2017. Please include “Director of Learning Technology” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this or any of our other positions, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com or complete the form below.