Upper School Teacher and Coach for PE/ Athletics
Upper School Teacher and Coach for PE/Athletics
Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications for the position of Teacher and Coach for PE/Athletics for the Upper School (Grades 7 – 12). This position starts on September 1, 2017.
This position is a key role in the PE and Athletics programmes of the Upper School. The person appointed will be a passionate and enthusiastic educator with high level qualifications in coaching. They will be responsible for planning and extending student learning in Physical Education and coaching extensively in co-curricular athletics, primarily in the core sports of rugby, basketball, soccer and volleyball.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- All the requirements to be certified to teach in British Columbia
- Advanced qualifications for coaching, including appropriate NCCP certification, in several core sports - rugby, basketball, soccer and volleyball
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes (not mandatory, but preferred)
- A familiarity with the PE curricula in BC
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment
- Fluent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Strong organisational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and you possess the qualities outlined, this opportunity may be ideal for you. Click here for a detailed job description. For further information, you are invited to navigate our website. Resumes should be emailed by May 11th to email@example.com. Please include “US PE Teacher” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this or any of our other positions, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.