The Primary Years Programme at Mulgrave School allows students to participate in six in-depth, transdisciplinary Units of Inquiry (UOI) throughout the year. Each of these units:
- is a significant, relevant and challenging learning experience
- builds on the prior knowledge of the students
- involves students in a range of learning activities
- requires students to engage in positive action
- integrates diverse subject areas whenever meaningful and appropriate
The classroom becomes a centre for structured inquiry, through which students acquire and practise skills, develop conceptual understandings and build their knowledge base.
These units are outlined in our school-wide Programme of Inquiry (POI) and are carefully designed to build concepts, knowledge and skills from one year to the next, as a student progresses through the school.